Get the best Credit Tips at Credit Visionary
But despite these (extremely genuine) warnings, it’s possible to make a ton of money on Craigslist. I understand this first-hand because over the past 6.5 years, I’ve actually secured one full-time job, two part-time tasks and numerous side gigs that have actually allowed me to make thousands upon hundreds of dollars.
My key for success on Craigslist?
I adhere to the two C’s: Creativity and Caution. If you want to creatively seek possibilities and are really careful about how you solicit info and put on various postings, you could easily bump your earnings in the positive instructions.
Ways to Make Money on Craigslist
There are 3 main methods to earn money on Craigslist. You can sell undesirable products, discover full-time or part-time work or protected side events (for the sake of this post, a side event is anything you do to earn money beyond your regular job.
Selling Items on Craigslist
If you decide to sell something on Craigslist, make sure to keep the following in mind:
- Set your asking price at a comfy quantity that’ll allow for bargaining/haggling with the possible purchaser (it’s popular for people to provide less than you post a gadget for as a means of negotiation).
- Clearly and succinctly describe the gadget– your post should be brief however sincere. Keep in mind that if you embellish or exclude vital details, the buyer might choose to pull out when he/she sees the product. Set yourself up for success by being clear from the start (you’ll then save yourself a lot of time and aggravation).
- Do not forget pictures! People will want to see what they are buying. I have investment furniture from Craigslist ads before, and I can truthfully state that I don’t read many of the posts that don’t have images connected.
- Don’t detail your phone number or address in the post! If possible, obtain the purchaser’s information initially. Additionally ensure to use the Craigslist feature that hides your real email address (if you do not, be prepared to be inundated with spam).
Applying for Jobs on Craigslist
As with selling gadgets, keeping your individual info safe is paramount if you are visiting make an application for a task or side job on Craigslist. Above all, don’t blindly send your resume to any post! See to it to then keep the following in mind:
- Seek out postings made by actual companies that you can Google and verify. If they’ve an internet site, see to it to check it out. It then would not harm to do a quick search on LinkedIn or GlassDoor to see if you can validate various other employees, etc.
- Submit your resume to an actual company staff member or HR division whenever feasible. Chances are, the job will be posted on that business’s internet site, so see to it your application is submitted that method instead of responding to the e-mail address detailed on the post.
Finding a Side Show on Craigslist
If securing side shows, the following additional regulations need to use:
- Use an anonymous e-mail address for your reply (one that lists just your given name and last preliminary)
- Agree to payment terms prior to work being done and get everything in composing!
- If you are fulfilling someone for an interview or to go over something in greater information, see to it to choose a busy, public location and tell your friends/family where you’ll be.
Try to construct some fun into exactly what you’ll be doing! Side hustles are implied to enhance your earnings, not replace it. So why not look for opportunities to do something you enjoy? Better yet, find ways to turn a hobby into an income stream utilizing the side gigs postings!
Have you ever before used Craigslist to generate income? What else would you add to this list of pointers?