Get the best Credit Tips at Credit Visionary
At Harvard Business School, Tracy Britt Cool composed an essay about her career hopes: ‘My goal is to deal with a terrific investor, who even more notably is a wonderful teacher and coach.’
She got her wish.
The 29-year-old has actually risen with the ranks at Berkshire Hathaway and is now among Warren Buffett’s top lieutenants, according to a brand-new profile by Bloomberg’s Noah Buhayar and Laura Colby.
Some fascinating nuggets from the story:
- She oversees subsidiaries with combined sales over $4 billion and more than 10,000 workers.
- Cool matured working on her family’s farm in Kansas prior to going to Harvard.
- She interned at Lehman and BofA and worked at Fidelity.
- Buffett strolled her down the aisle at her wedding event in September (Cool’s dad died).
- Cool has a “low-key manner’ like Buffett, but her function is essentially to handle ‘trouble’ business and make them effective.
- ‘Tracy can be of certain value, I think, to my successor,’ Buffett told Bloomberg.
This is not the first press for Cool. This summer, the Wall Street Journal called her a ‘rising star.’
Read the complete report at Bloomberg »
Join the conversation about this tale »